5TH ANNUAL GIVE SPRINGS A BREAK
P R E S E N T E D B Y . . .
HOWARD T. ODUM FLORIDA SPRINGS INSTITUTE
GIVE SPRINGS A BREAK (GSAB) is an educational retreat for college students taking place at Ginnie Springs Outdoors from Friday, April 6th - Sunday, April 8th.
The GSAB program is a fantastic way for students to immerse themselves in nature while also gaining the skills needed to create positive change surrounding environmental and water issues amidst an increasingly challenging social/political climate. Along with creative skill workshops and fun activities, students will also have the opportunity to learn from leading environmental scientists and advocates about Florida's main environmental topic of concern, freshwater and our springs!
2 0 1 8 G S A B S P O N S O R E D B Y . . .
PRICING AND PACKAGE INFORMATION
OR find out about GSAB Scholarship opportunities below....
• A D M I S S I O N I N C L U D E S •
CREATIVE SKILL WORKSHOPS
SPRINGS SCIENCE FIELD TRIPS
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT SESSION
The Florida Springs Institute is looking for new ideas, tools, and success stories for springs protection and YOU can earn a scholarship to attend our 5th Annual GSAB by submitting and presenting an idea of your own! We are well aware that not all students are of the same backgrounds or majors, so we're open to all sorts of new ideas and inspiration!
No idea is too big or "far-out" so now is the time to put your creative thinking caps on and help #SaveOurSprings!
Give Springs A Break Scholarship Rules and Guidelines
- Florida Springs Institute staff will select winners for GSAB Scholarships. If you receive a GSAB Scholarship you will be required to attend all seminars and asked to do a short presentation on your poster or PowerPoint project to the GSAB audience on Sunday, April 8th!
- Projects must be submitted by March 6, 2018, to Heather Obara at email@example.com in PDF or PowerPoint format.
- Topics can include freshwater or springs research, technology, policy, management, legal or legislative strategies, education, outreach, or advocacy.
- Posters and PowerPoint presentations will be judged on relevance to Florida's freshwater resources, clarity, originality, creativity, impact, and overall quality.
Poster and PowerPoint Presentation Specifications:
- Poster and PowerPoint presenters will be asked to provide a paper version for the GSAB event and an electronic PDF version for inclusion in GSAB proceedings.
- Paper posters will be limited to a maximum of 4 feet high x 6 feet wide.
- PowerPoint presentations must be a minimum of 15 slides.
Poster Title: Florida is the Springs Heartland of Planet Earth
Authors: Nuriya Bechtel
Authors: Kira Barrera Lisa Robbins
Authors: Md Yeasir Arif Rahman
* For additional questions in regard to GSAB and GSAB Scholarships please call us during business hours at (386) 454-9369
or email us at FloridaSpringsInstitute@gmail.com.